Don’t forget NetSuite Now is still on during the month of November
Evan gave a great keynote last month to kick off NetSuite Now On Air, it was followed up by some great sessions on financials, planning and budgeting, SuiteCloud and SuiteAnalytics, tips from the experts, CRM, commerce and communications, operations, people, payroll and projects.
Coming up this month is the APAC (Asia Pacific) Edition of NetSuite Now On Air, an immersive digital event for Leads, Prospects, and Customers in ANZ, Singapore and the Philippines across 3 days in November (Tuesday 17th Nov – Thursday 19th Nov 2020).
Keep Checking the NetSuite Website for more details.
Customisations are a key part of most software implementations, yet it’s easy to overlook the critical importance of using a consistent approach with the naming convention when creating these “building blocks” of your ERP, to ensure that they provide meaningful insight to all users.
The recent introduction of SuiteCloud Software Development Kit (SuiteCloud SDK) to transfer customisations from a Sandbox account to the Production account also requires that all customisations have a standard searchable ID, hence it is crucial that the naming convention used is logical and uniform for successful use of this new tool.
Below are some of our recommendations:
- Use the naming convention _companyname_<name of field> for the ID when creating the below customisations. The company name is to differentiate between customisations created by 3rd parties and internal users.
- Fields e.g. custbody_lit_internalnotes
- Saved Searches
- Advanced PDFs
- and anything else for which you can assign a custom ID.
- Custom IDs should be assigned to workflow states, as well as the workflow.
- Description & Help fields should be mandatory – enter details of what the field is designed to do and if it is to be used for a script or workflow etc.
- Developers should leave notes in the header of their scripts to explain the purpose of the script and the use cases it has been developed for.
We have received a number of reports that bulk emails sent via NetSuite are not being received by the recipients. Below are our recommendations to improve your email deliverability so that they do not end up being incorrectly categorised as spoof and blocked from reaching the recipient’s inbox.