NetSuite have announced an upgrade to the Electronic Bank Payments SuiteApp to Version 2020.2 within a week of upgrade to NetSuite 2020.2
- Electronic Bank Payments version 2020.2 is loaded as an upgrade. Do not uninstall the current version of Electronic Bank Payments SuiteApp.
- Before upgrading Electronic Bank Payments version 2020.2 in your Sandbox account, please make sure your Sandbox has been upgraded to NetSuite version to 2020.2.
Electronic Bank Payments version 2020.2 will include the following enhancements:
- Processing Automated Batch and Approval Routing using SuiteScript 2.0
Starting in 2020.2, all functions for processing EFT Batch Processing and Approval Routing using the Electronic Bank Payments SuiteApp now use SuiteScript 2.0. This change does not have any impact on the existing feature to process EFT batch and approval routing using Electronic Bank Payments. Additionally, the system sends an email to the user who triggered the batch processing and to the email recipients listed on the Batch Details subtab of the Company Bank Details page.
- Processing Customer Refund using SuiteScript 2.0
As of 2020.2 release, all functions for processing Customer Refunds using the Electronic Bank Payments SuiteApp now use SuiteScript 2.0. This change does not have any impact on the existing feature to process customer refunds using Electronic Bank Payments.
- Processing Bank details page using SuiteScript 2.0
In the Electronic Bank Payments SuiteApp version 2020.2, all functions for setting up bank records on the Bank Details page now use SuiteScript 2.0. This change does not have any impact on existing processes. A role-based restriction is introduced, in which a user cannot view or edit Entity Bank Details. This happens when the user does not have permission for a subsidiary attached to the entity record. This update also removes old scripts and deploys new scripts.
- Changes to Custom Payment File Templates
In 2020.2, the SuiteApp enables you to add custom help text for the Entity Reference field on custom templates. This field is similar to the Reference field on a Payment File Template when defining XML content. The custom help text is provided to help the users in using these fields more efficiently.
We recommend you test the new version of Electronic Bank Payments in your Release Preview and Sandbox accounts by manually updating the SuiteApp to version 2020.2. To do this:
- You must first log in to your NetSuite Release Preview or Sandbox account.
- Go to Customization > Search & Install Bundles > List > choose Update option beside Electronic Bank Payments with Bundle ID 308852
- After the update is completed, the new Bundle ID will be 339110.
- Create a sample electronic payment batch and fully process in NetSuite Release Preview. Check outcomes are as expected and the feature works as it currently does in your production account.