Your NetSuite Release Preview account enables you to become familiar with / test new features in an upcoming release. You should spend time verifying that your existing business workflows function as expected before your production account is upgraded to the new NetSuite release. You can also use the Release Preview account to test and ensure your NetSuite account and any associated applications are not dependent on a specific data centre to store data. The goal is to ensure a smooth and seamless transition to a new release. By testing the new release in Release Preview you will avoid any major problems or surprises when you get upgraded to the new version.
The Account Administrators for your account receive several notifications (by email, and upon login) in the weeks before the scheduled Release Preview start date. These notifications contain details about the Release Preview and Upgrade dates, and announce the date when the Release Preview account is available for testing to begin.
Opt in Status
If you would like to receive a 2021.1 Release Preview account, please check your opt -in status from the New Release Portlet on your dashboard.
Access the New Release Notes using this LINK
Note the release notes go through a number of iterations ahead of the New Release dates. Please check back to see if the latest version has new or updated content.
How to opt-in to Release Preview?
- From your production account, go to Setup > Company > Release Preview.
- Click Request Release Preview.
When is the Release Preview account available?
From your Home Dashboard, locate the New Release portlet. Under the Your New Release Dates, you can see the date your release preview account will become available to you.
How do I access Release Preview?
Once your Release Preview account is available, from your production account select your RP role from the drop down on the right hand side.
Once you have selected a Release Preview environment, you will see RELEASE PREVIEW on the top of your screen. This is how you can identify you are in a Release Preview environment.
We recommend changing the colour theme of your Release Preview environment to make it obvious and reduce mixing up with other environments when you are logged in a Release Preview environment.
Navigate to Home > Set Preferences > Appearance > Colour Theme > Set a new colour theme and Save..
Add the New Release Portlet to your Production Account Dashboard
If you do not see the New Release portlet on your dashboard, you can add it.
To add a portlet to your dashboard:
- Click Personalise on your home page.
- On the Standard Content tab, select New Release and drag it down onto your dashboard portlet area
To give a user access to the Release Preview account
- In the Release Preview account, go to Lists > Employees > Employees (Administrator) and click Edit next to the name of the employee.
- On the Access sub tab in the employee record, clear the Give Access box.
- Click Save.
- Edit the same employee record.
- On the Access sub tab, check the Give Access box again and enter any required information.
- Reassign the appropriate roles to the user.
- Click Save.
- Advise the user to log out of their account and then log back in to access the Release Preview account.